英文中有很多縮寫,其中有個很常用的ASAP你知道是什么意思嗎?看看《極品老媽》的這個片段吧。

?

對話原文

?

I screwed up. I ordered chicken paillard,

我搞砸了 我點了炙雞肉

but it was supposed to be a hanger steak.

但其實應該是腹肉牛排

It's true.

是的

After all these years, she's still not good at this.

干了這么多年后 她依然很不擅長

Please help me.

求你幫幫我

That table may be my only decent tip of the night.

那一桌可能是我今晚唯一過得去的小費

Oh. Well, that changes everything.

那改變了一切

Uh, listen up, everyone.

聽好了 各位

Christy needs money. Let's really pull together.

克里絲蒂需要錢 咱們齊心協力吧

Oh, my?God.

天啊

The law firm that I'm working for

我工作的那家律所

needs me to come in right now.

要我立刻過去

“Big case, all hands on deck.

大案子 需要所有人手

We need you ASAP."

我們需要你立刻趕來

?

今日重點:

搞砸了:screw up

(敲薄后烤炙的)一塊肉:paillard

烤腹肉牛排:hanger steak。hanger,衣架,掛鉤

擅長:be good at

得體的,像樣的:decent

小費:tip。還可表示“尖端”,fingertip,指尖

齊心協力:pull together

律師事務所:law firm

緊急集合:all hands on deck

立刻:ASAP。是as soon as possible的縮寫

?

想看完整視頻,請關注【滬江英語】公眾號