你對什么食物過敏嗎?你知道“過敏”的英文怎么說嗎?看看《咱們裸熊》里是怎么說的吧。

對話原文

?

Hmm. We have a lot of the same allergies.

看來我們對很多一樣的東西過敏。

?Hmm. Pickles?

腌黃瓜呢??

No.

不行。?

Okay, then.

那好吧。?

Can he do potato chips?

他能吃薯片嗎??

Oh, gluten. No.

含有麩質,不行。?

Peanut butter?

花生醬呢??

Nope. No way.

不行。沒門。?

Well, it looks like the only thing you can eat is this can of olives.

看來你唯一能吃的東西只有這罐橄欖了。?

How about it?

你怎么想??

W-wait, what are you doing?

等,等等,你在干嘛??

My doctor said I should lie like this.

我的醫生說我應該這樣躺著。?

Um, okay, you do that.

好吧,你就這樣躺著吧。?

I'll go get us a bowl, okay?

我去拿個碗來,好嘛??

All right, one bowl of olives coming right...

好了,一碗橄欖,馬上就...?

Oh, not again!

別這樣了!

?C-Clifford? Clif-Clifford?

克里福德?克-克里福德??

Come on, Clifford.

拜托,克里福德。?

This isn't funny anymore.

第二次就沒意思了。

Hey, Cliff, I got a big bowl of yummy, olivey goodness here.

嘿,克里夫,我這里有一大碗美味的,橄欖狀的好東西。?

Come on, buddy.

快來啊,哥們。?

Look, I know that allergies are a bummer,

聽著,我知道過敏挺掃興的,?

but sometimes good things can come out of it,

但有時,也會因禍得福,?

like I never would have...have met your sister

就像如果不是我對花生過敏?

without my peanut allergy,

我就不會...不會遇見你姐姐,?

and..and then i wouldn't have become friends with you.

也不會...不會跟你們成為朋友呀。

We're friends?

我們是朋友嗎??

Yeah, of course we're friends.

是啊,我們當然是朋友。?

Can I have an olive?

我能吃一個橄欖嗎?

?

今日重點:

?

過敏:allergy。形容詞是allergic,be allergic to sth,對……過敏

腌黃瓜:pickle

麩質:gluten。很多食物或化妝品上會有gluten-free的字樣,表示不含麩質

花生醬:peanut butter。butter是黃油的意思

沒門:no way

橄欖:olive。橄欖油,olive oil

碗:bowl

令人不快的局面:bummer

?

想看完整視頻,請關注【滬江英語】公眾號