大家都知道except是“除了”的意思,那exceptional是什么意思呢?難道是“除了的”?一起來看看這個片段吧。

對話原文

?

My mom lost a lot of jobs through the years.

這些年我媽媽失業過很多次?

It was always really hard for her.

她心里真的很不好受?

You know, I was just about to come talk to you guys.

我正要來找你們聊聊呢?

I am sorry about earlier,

之前的事我很抱歉?

but you really don't have to worry about me.

可你真的不用擔心我?

You know what Randall told me one time?

你知道有一次蘭德爾和我說了什么嗎?

He called me exceptional.

他說我很出眾?

And he said it so easy, like it wasn't a big deal.

他張口就來 好像不是什么了不得的事情?

I remember thinking,

我當時在想?

he must think people have told me this before.

他肯定以為別人也對我說過這樣的話?

I bet he's told you before that you're exceptional,

他肯定也說過你很出眾?

because you are.

因為你確實是?

Thanks, Dej.

謝謝 黛佳?

You know, but I don't know that...

可我并不知道...?

Randall thinks so.

蘭德爾是這么想的?

I mean, he loves you like he's in a Disney movie or something,

他就像迪士尼電影里的人物一樣愛著你?

like he hears tiny forest animals singing or playing

就好像只要你走進房間?

kazoos or something whenever you walk into a room.

他就能聽到森林小動物唱歌跳舞的聲音

But if you're sad,

可如果你不開心?

then you should talk to him.

你應該和他聊聊

He'll tell you you're exceptional,

他會告訴你 你很出眾?

And he'll say it so easy

而且他會說的那么自然?

that you'll believe it.

讓你不得不相信?

You are really good at these talks.

你很擅長這種談心

You live in this house for a while,

在這個家里住一段時間之后

?

今日重點:

?

這些年來:through the years

正要做:be about to do。表示即將發生的動作

非凡的,例外的:exceptional

沒什么大不了:big deal

我確信:I bet。bet是“打賭”的意思

擅長:be good at

?

想看完整視頻,請關注【滬江英語】公眾號